The name of the cluster of buildings located here in the 1800’s was known as Lyte Buorren including a building on this site. At this spot in 1790 is recorded a herberg that was called “De vergulde bijenkoer”. The current farmhouse was built around 1890. In the two buildings nearby were housed workers cottages and a butcher’s. Later this building became a meeting house, and a pub, and was then known as the Bijenkoer. It was the place where people from surrounding areas came on a Sunday, leaving their horses in the barn whilst going to church and afterwards sitting around together for a drink and a catch-up. In the 1980’s the name was taken over by the dorpshuis (village hall). At this time the farm was called The Vijf Iepen (the five elms), because of the elms situated in front of the house (see photo). It was a second home for many years by a forester van Scheveningen and his wife, the Dempkers. In its last reincarnation, once its owner had moved away, it was let out, unbeknown to him, to cannabis growers who exploited the fact that the roof above the barn there were no windows and they used it to grow hash on industrial scale. It was busted in a police raid in May 2015. When he saw the state of the house the owner was heartbroken. So it fell to us to return it to the much-loved farmhouse it once was.